‘Vulnerable Rural Hospital
Application Portal is Now Open
The Center for Optimizing Rural Health’s (CORH) application portal for the HRSA-funded Vulnerable Rural Hospital Assistance Program (VRHAP) is now open. The portal will remain open until July 31, 2021. CORH offers technical assistance to 30 rural hospitals each year to help address economic challenges, understand community needs and resources, and identify ways to ensure hospitals and communities can maintain local health care access.
This program is funded by HRSA, so all resources are FREE to participating hospitals.
The application is open to all rural and CAH hospitals in the United States. Selected hospitals will be notified in August 2021, with the technical assistance year beginning September 1, 2021.
If you would like to apply for technical assistance or learn more about the program, please check out these links:
To make the application process as streamlined as possible, we are sharing some tips and best practices. If you need further assistance, we’ll be happy to walk you through the application.
- Read the FAQs before starting the application.
- Download the Application PDF and complete a written copy before entering data into the portal to avoid being timed out while you gather information.
- Complete as many questions on the application as you are able to answer.
- The more information you can provide, the better. Tell your hospital’s story!
- If you are unsure of your eligibility review questions 11, 12, 13, and 15 in the CORH VRHAP Application/Selection Process section of the FAQs.