County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: COVID-19 Resources for Response and Recover
While the County Health Rankings do not measure coronavirus cases nor rank risk of the virus spreading in communities, Rankings data are helpful in providing local context on factors that impact health. To provide this context, the Rankings, in partnership with the University of Chicago’s Center for University Spatial Data Science, have added key factors to the US COVID Atlas, an interactive open-source map. The US COVID Atlas allows users to compare county level data, identify hot spots and see how the virus has spread in communities over time.
Learn More About the US COVID Atlas:
- Listen to the US COVID Atlas: Exploring Data to Move to Action webinar which is a part of the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps’ special topic series, Health Equity and Social Solidarity in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies for COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Visit the US COVID Atlas Medium Blog where researchers share emerging insights from the Atlas and offer personal reflections.
- Explore the US COVID-19 Atlas Community a gathering place for the public and clinicians to share ideas and questions
The Rankings have also prepared resources to help with COVID-19 response and recovery, visit, the CHR&R COVID-19 Resources page to see:
- What Works for Health COVID-19 Strategies: Curated evidence-informed strategies— pulling across Rankings factors including income, education, housing, and more—that communities can consider as they respond to and recover from COVID-19.
- Action Learning Guides on Data and Equity: Resources designed to provide communities with the guidance, tools, and examples to develop a deeper understanding of data and the underlying factors that create inequities in communities.
- Special Webinar Series: The Health Equity and Social Solidarity in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies for COVID-19 Response and Recovery webinar series shines a light on challenges facing specific communities and populations affected by COVID-19 and how people are responding with equitable approaches.